Yet another scammer warning and other info.

Discussion in 'Disputes - Banned Threads' started by /u/ToasterOFun, 8/10/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/ToasterOFun

/u/ToasterOFun
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: This user has been flagged as high risk due to one or more reasons

0   0   0

Heyo! It's your least favorite appliance again! It's that time of the week sadly. It's time for another warning on scammers and just going over some general info.

Our latest reported scam involved a user impersonating a mod as well as some other issues I'll get into later. I just want to go over a few things to help everyone out here.

For our first topic, I want to bring a certain list to everyone's attention. This list is our Scammer List. It has the user name of every reported scammer up to a certain date. While we can't always update it since it does take time and not everyone has time these days, it is still a great resource to use.

Next I want to discuss some of the ways we do things and how this compares to our latest scam. This scam involved one major thing, a Group DM on Discord. I just want to get this out of the way. NO MM WILL EVER INVITE YOU TO A GROUP DM!! Every trade takes place in our Discord Server where we have two dedicated channels to having a middleman help you named #middleman_chat and #middleman_chat_alt. The only time you should ever DM/PM anyone during a trade is PMing a middleman to give them your transfer code so they may validate the account and confirm that it is the same one as shown in the trade thread.

Another major part of this scam was a "MM Fee." Another thing that we need to make extremely clear. WE WILL NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER ASK FOR ANY SORT OF FEE FOR MMING A TRADE! Our Middleman services are free services given by selected and trusted members of the community and they take time out of their lives to do trades expecting nothing in return. We will never ask for any sort of fee.

And ANOTHER major part of this was an impersonator. This user was impersonating one of our subreddit mods #/_did_. This is a list of EVERY Veteran Middleman and Middleman in training's Discord Username and ID. To see a user's ID, just click on their icon or name and it will show something like this. The four digit number displayed by the red arrows is a users ID. This number usually doesn't change unless a user changes their Discord name and the system decides to change their ID with it. It usually doesn't change but it can. Anyways, here is a list of each MMs Discord Name and ID.

Veteran Middlemen:

Mai#4226

Lancer Master - Brave#7268

Chrisbo10#9501

Middlemen in Training:

Brango#2456

DeV4der##7726

Rich#7181

These six users are our ONLY Middlemen. Some of them have a nickname on our server, but you can see their role either by clicking their name/icon or looking at the list on the right hand side. They will have a special role if they are a Middleman.

Another thing. DON'T PM ANY OF THESE USERS UNLESS YOU HAVE SET UP A TRADE, HAVE ASKED FOR A MIDDLEMAN IN THE MIDDLEMAN CHAT, AND THEY HAVE REQUESTED THAT YOU PM THEM YOUR TRANSFER CODE! If you have any questions, just ask in our general channel on our Discord Server.

# #/ToasterOFun
    # .

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.