Sold US/UK partner for 2 short term projects

Discussion in 'All Other Game Services for Sale - Buy & Sell' started by Hack Forums -, 4/17/20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hack Forums -

Hack Forums -
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: This user has been flagged as high risk due to one or more reasons

0   0   0

I'll try to be detailed.

What is short term project
    For me short term project is something that will last for few months, either it will earn money because of virality, its uniqueness or it won't earn anything.

Brief preview
    I created 2 short terms projects that I think are unique and stupid enough to get attention. I'm web developer and in search of US/UK partner who would like to join in and try to make it work.

Are projects online
    Yep they are online, I'll put links here as I describe them

More about projects
    First one is called "Million dollar country" (milliondollarcountry.com/). Basically I'm selling my own country one square kilometre at the time. Each square online represents few square kilometres which cost specific amount of money. Buyers will own that land virtually, but in reality they will get a place to promote any website they want. More about project can be read in "About" section on the site.

Second one is called "21 million crypto bits" (21millioncryptobits.com/). This is more crypto oriented project. Here I'm selling bits, more precisely 21 million bits, this is because maximum amount of bitcoins that can exist is 21 million and what is bitcoin than sequence of bits. People will own bits but in reality I generate identicon for them so they can promote site/business/whatever. More about project can be read in "About" section on the site.

Why US/UK
    I'm from Croatia and my country is not big enough for this. This thing will never catch on in my country, market is too small and people are not open-minded about it. I tried to contact people and media about it, but here media cares mostly about football, government, insta-girls and corona. I also contacted tech media, but the same applies.
    Even if they decide to talk about it, it won't go beyond Croatia. There is lingual barrier, different cultures in EU and so on.

US is very very different, stupid things gain traction and attention easily, people are more likely to try something, there is more media, English is worldwide language, population is bigger in number and so on. The same goes for the UK, but UK has more chance to get noticed by the US.

What did you try so far?
    I tried to contact bigger and smaller news portals from Croatia and UK. I got 0 response. I did followups, approached each portal differently, but then corona happened. It might be that they were not interested, they saw a foreign name with broken English, I approached them in a wrong way, they didn't see my email...

Promotion
    I'm not a marketing guy, but this is how I see it, I might be wrong that's why I'm looking for a partner. One way I see it succeed if media spread the word about it, general media, tech media, whatever. Second way is to be spread word of mouth between people, but I don't know how to attract customers to those websites.

Since Corona is in focus, people lost their jobs, not sure that this is the right time to promote this.

You will just sit and watch
    I don't want to sit and watch, I want to work and help with it, it's just much easier and more motivated with a partner

What do I get
    We split earnings 50/50. We can always agree about targeted amount privately.

Do you plan to do it both
    Yes, no, maybe. I like it both, we can try both, or just one. We'll see.

You don't have a reputation here on forum
    I know, I'm reading mostly on forum. I can share my LinkedIn, we can talk, chat and see if we fit

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.