Sold [#] The sub is now indefinitely in Approved-Poster only mode. Details inside. Potentially looking for another mod...

Discussion in 'FIFA Coins for Sale - Buy & Sell' started by /u/chrisms150, 12/22/22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/chrisms150

/u/chrisms150
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: This user has been flagged as high risk due to one or more reasons

0   0   0

Edit: Please know, just because I am manually approving users does not guarentee they are not a scammer. Nothing is 100%. All of our rules and safeguards still exist. If something doesn't seem right, don't trade - and send a Modmail. IF YOU ARE SCAMMED BY AN APPROVED POSTER INFORM ME ASAP! Don't just post here. MODMAIL

There is still a single scammer operating with multiple accounts. I've banned about 20-30 of them at this point.

In order to stop the scammer, I am turning this subreddit into approval only mode. What does this mean? Only approved users - who I have manually approved - will be able to post a thread here. These are the ONLY users authorized to sell on this subreddit for the time being. All other users may comment to trade, but no other users can offer coins for sale.

Why are you being so harsh on PMs/Direct chats? Because it's 1) bloody annoying to have my personal messages cluttered with mod issues and 2) mod mail is a permanent and SEARCHABLE archive so I can search issues from the past. Can't do that with PMs.

How do I get approved? If you have flair, I will automatically approve you. Send a modmail to me - MOD MAIL - and I will add you to the list. If you do not already have flair, send a mod mail - MOD MAIL NOT A PM - and I will take a look at your account and manually verify you. Do not hit "request to post" Send a modmail, asking for me to look at your account - if you have flair, say so in that so I can quickly confirm and add you. Also please include a link to all of your futrep pages.

You're taking too long to approve me! Please be patient. This is not a job. I do not get paid. I am doing this to try and cut back on scammers as a favor to #/Cilvia_Demo who asked me to take over this sub several years ago. Since then we have made great progress on cutting back on scammers, however this current scammer is far too prolific and needs to be stopped manually - our automated systems are not enough (he is buying old "legit" accounts) - and you, the users, are not doing any sort of "gut check" before you blindly trust people and send them money...

I am also entertaining the idea of having another person join the moderation team to help in this effort - if you think you have been a trustworthy member of this community, and you would like to help manually approve accounts to sell, post below.

# #/chrisms150
    # .

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.