Scamming Victim Tries To Scam

Discussion in 'Disputes - Resolved Cases' started by Bodnariuc Vlad, 1/13/16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse
    Banned Status: This user has been banned due to fraudaulent acts against others

0   0   0

Hi there.
    I had just sold my world of tanks account previous Friday.
    I really want to know when you will send me the money because I wanna buy another account and that guy can't keep it for me too much....
    Thank you.

Buy Now Secure Order Checkout | PlayerUp Middleman

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

I can't find any orders until your username. What is your order number?

3. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

Do you use K,I,K, Skype, or another messenger service?
    No. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons. Anyone who attempts to contact you through a 3rd party messenger claiming they are us is fraudulent.

When should I release my account information to the buyer?

Never release your account information unless (@Middleman) contacts you through the PlayerUp Conversation Ticket System. We will never contact you through e-mail, K,I,K, skype, or any 3rd party service. All middleman transactions are done through PlayerUp.com for security reasons.

For more information, please visit this link: Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

4. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Here is how our process works:

How does it work?
    1). Sellers create and post middleman buy now listings (click here)
    2). Buyer clicks on buy now listing and completes payment
    3). We verify and secure the buyers payment
    4). We create a 3 way conversation ticket with the Buyer and Seller
    5). We inform the Seller which specific account information they need to release to the Buyer
    6). During this process, we will communicate and guide both the Buyer and Seller.
    7). Buyer secures and verifies the account
    8). Payment is then disbursed to the Seller

Middleman: Sellers Guide | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

5. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Did @Middleman, the account I'm using now reply to you?

6. OP
    OP
    Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Hi there. I didn't used skype or email... I used Middleman: 3 way conversation.

7. OP
    OP
    Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Tranzaction id:319284789

8. OP
    OP
    Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Here is my screenshoot with my tranzaction.

Attached Files:

9. OP
    OP
    Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Tranzaction

Attached Files:

10. OP
    OP
    Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

So, please can you tell me when I will recive the money from the tranzaction?

11. OP
    OP
    Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

And @Middleman didn't reply to me after I sold my account (after the 3 way conversation).

12. Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    MOD, Platinum Seller & offers Broker/Pilot Service
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

483   0   0

you dealt with a fake middleman. You can see that his avatar says banned which is different from the @Middleman you are talking to right now.

Admin likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Bodnariuc Vlad

Bodnariuc Vlad
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

A fake @Middleman? I used Middleman option and now I get scammed? how it is possible? If I don't get my money, I will send this site to court!

14. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Just to be clear here, you didn't use PlayerUp Middleman Services. As it says in the guide below:
    My understanding here is some guy named @Secure Order signs up to the website, 0 posts, 0 likes, no feedback whatsoever, no badges, and says he works for our company then correct and you believed him? Does that sound about right?

That isn't how our process works and why the person ultimately is showing BANNED now as he is fraudulent. Staff here at PlayerUp will have a badge like I do with plenty of posts and likes. At no point did @Middleman contact you.

I'm moving this to the Disputes Section since this isn't a @Middleman order.

Admin likes this.
  15. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

While we're sorry you're having problems here and someone did this to you, at the same time we need to make clear to you this person isn't affiliated with our company other than being a member who signed up without our permission and tried or has attempted to scam you.

According to @Admin, this person has already been blocked many times keeps creating usernames and trying to scam people. Looks like he managed to trick you here. While we have been able to block him hundreds of times from using this site, the guys spends literally hours everyday trying to get into the site and scam people using a variety of proxies and other possible equipment. We can only do so much to block him.

All we can recommend here is be observitive of site guides and procedures as simply reading the Sellers Guide for Middleman Services or the Important: Safe Trading World of Tanks Guide - Avoid Scams at the very top of the World of Tanks page (1st post) would have prevented this. It explained exactly how our services work and who @Middleman is supposed to contact you.

I now see you mentioned World of Tanks above. You should reset the password to the email on the account OR contact Wargaming Support and recover access to the account immediately. Simply tell them someone got into your account and you no longer have access but of course at the same time please provide more screenshots to us so we can tell you what to exactly tell Wargaming Support to get this issue resolved.

16. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

How to Report a Dispute
    Please fill out all 9 questions below. You must provide proof or your claim cannot be validated.

1. Date Dispute Happened
    Example: January 1, 2013

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    Example: I'm the Buyer

3. Total Transaction Value
    Example: $100 USD

4. Other Parties Username
    Example: Site Username

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    Example: PayPal

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    Example: [email protected]

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    Example: [email protected]

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    Example: bobskik

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

17. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse

173   0   0

Send screenshots of the full chat. Tell us what you released to the person who scammed you and @Admin will assist you further here at no cost to you.

18. Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    MOD, Platinum Seller & offers Broker/Pilot Service
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

483   0   0

I know you guys here are trying your best to prevent this from happening again but I really think you should prioritize adding a temporary page where all your staffs are listed there including their roles here in PlayerUp.com site so that new members would know who to ask for help or their concerns.

Admin likes this.
  19. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

45   0   0

@Bodnariuc Vlad

Is there a reason why you just created 2 usernames called

@Order
    @Transaction

Both accounts have been banned here. If you create more secondary accounts we will have to perma close all your accounts here. Thank you.

20. AcademiaIMVU

AcademiaIMVU
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

2   0   0

My Location:
    It seems like he lost his money, but he earned experience. :rolleyes:

Admin likes this.
  21. Angelo Messi

Angelo Messi
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

15   0   0

I feel for anyone that gets scammed by fraudsters and fake middleman accounts especially when it's on the site. My very first deal on this site I got scammed and ever since then I made it a point to always use Middleman. However, when I first came to the site it didn't really seem clear how middleman services work even though I made sure to read the FAQs on buying and selling. It was actually an honest seller that explained everything to me, about wait times, 3-way tickets etc. Also, would there be a way to monitor and prevent users from using certain words in profiles like "secure", "playerup", "middleman", "admin" etc. and some way to prevent scammers from making false forms. Otherwise what security is there when scammers are circulating like wolves among the sheep?

Admin likes this.
  22. Angelo Messi

Angelo Messi
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

15   0   0

Exactly like the bot above :)

23. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

45   0   0

To me it looked apparent what he was trying to do but I'm only going to give him a warning here since he is a victim reportedly based off the information he provided above so he may not be thinking clearly with his actions. Obviously being a victim doesn't give you the right to repeat what they did to you and makes you no better. It's right from wrong. Those who do right in this world end up prospering later.

Olegzzz and Angelo Messi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.