Resolved - PlayerUp Middleman Protected Transaction

Discussion in 'Disputes - Resolved Cases' started by IzzyK, 12/21/18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

1. Date Dispute Happened
    July 22, 2018.

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    I am the Seller.

3. Total Transaction Value
    $70 USD

4. Other Parties Username
    bignasty25

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    Payment using PlayerUp Middleman services

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    n/a

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    n/a

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    n/a

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

I posted a listing for a Toontown account at $70 USD. Bignasty25 initially made an offer for $60 USD but I told the buyer that $70 USD was the lowest that I would go and we reached an agreement for the listed price of $70 USD. We discussed the sale via a private ticket on PlayerUp and the Middleman Order Ticket (Transcation ID: 871687851).

Once the I delivered the account information through the 3-Way Conversation, I asked Bignasty25 to verify that they received the account so that we can move onto the payment verification. We discussed, and agreed, that I would hand over the log files once the payment was received because if I am being completely transparent, I was a bit unsure of the legitimacy of this website in terms of receiving my payment. I wanted to make sure that we were covered on both ends. At this point, Bignasty25 confirmed that the account was delivered through the 3-Way Conversation Ticket and via our personal messages on PlayerUp. I can provide screenshots of Bignasty25 confirming that they received the account and stating that they were pleased with the account as well.

While we were waiting for a Middleman Agent to release the payment, and the account was in Bignasty25's possession, I received an email stating that my Toontown account was banned. I tried to appeal the ban but to no avail and that is when Bignasty25 canceled the order in order to cancel the payment that I was due to receive.

I have done everything on my part to deliver my account information on terms that both Bignasty25 and I agreed on (which is shown not only in our 3-Way Ticket, but through our private conversations). The order was canceled by the buyer who was responsible for the account being terminated while the account was in their possession. I should not be held responsible for the actions that the buyer took which resulted in a ban.

Currently, Bignasty25 is claiming that they never received the account in the first place after confirming the delivery and posting in our 3-Way Ticket and our private conversations that they did receive the account, played on the account, and was happy with the product delivered. As per the Middleman Services guidelines and the steps that was asked for me to take on my part - I feel as though I accomplished everything that I should have. I delivered the account, the buyer received the account, we both verified that it was delivered, and we were waiting for an agent to free the payment. I do believe that warrants the 100% payment of this transaction as per the guidelines.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I have been trying to resolve this issue since July. If screenshots are needed of conversations I have had with Bignasty25, I can provide them if necessary.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

Here are photos of Bignasty25 confirming that they received the account.

Confirming Delivery in 3-Way Ticket:

Bignasty25 stating they played on the account:

------------------------

Now, here are screenshots of Bignasty25 backtracking and saying that they never received the account once it was banned while it was in their possession.

Stating they never receiving the account, nor did they play on it:

Stating the account was terminated before they received it:

3. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

Also, this was the termination email that I received on July 22nd at 1:55am:

As you can see from the timestamp in the 3-Way Conversation Ticket, the buyer confirmed the delivery on July 21st - therefore, it was in their possession at the time.

4. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General Support Moderator
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

17   0   0

I got your case details:

Short and simple

1. You delivered
    2. 1 day after the buyer had the account it was banned
    3. Buyer wanted a refund
    4. You denied it said the buyer got the account sale is final
    5. MM tried to work terms with you guys, but it's clear buyers want a refund, seller wants to be paid.
    6. This has been ongoing back and forth for sometime now nobody wants to budge.

Just to be clear here. This isn't middleman fault, the buyer or your fault. It's the game publisher who triggered this. That said, what is your proposal? I think MM can give you 50% and 50% the buyer would be fair but I'll await to hear what you are willing to compromise on.

5. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse
    General / Expediting Support (Staff): This account handles general/expediting support transactions Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

17   0   0

Also it doesn't appear the buyer necessarily triggered the ban. Based on the notes, MM put that the game publisher may have tracked down the account and banned it later. The buyer stated he never contacted game support.

@Ryan what do you think here?
    @Rolan howabout you?

What's a fair resolution here?

6. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

Hello Hulk,

Your condensed version of the post is correct. I would be fine with a 50% compensation because I do not have an account that I can go back to at the end of this.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Gold Status: This user has successfully completed 50+ middleman transactions

93   0   0

With everything taken into context, nobody is at fault the account was banned by the publisher.

This is a risk buyers and sellers take but I feel the risk is more so towards the seller. Had this have been a reality and the buyer was honest about the ordeal I'd say it would be 70/30 split.

Seeing as how the buyer has lied and tried every way possible to deter the sale after he received a working account...

I'd say a 50/50 split is perfectly reasonable.

@bignasty25 if you have anything to say you can do so here.

8. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

17   0   0

50-50 was what middleman was suggesting and also mentioned to me yesterday but the buyer said no. That's held everything up. @Middleman I think you just need to take over and get this over with. There is no win win situation here. I know you Izzy had countless back and forth discussions on this with the buyer and middleman but based on what I was told this has dragged on way too long.

@Middleman please make decision. If any other mods besides Ryan want to share their opinion, now is the time.

9. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

17   0   0

Just to confirm Izzy the order number is 871687851 correct? I don't have access to check on this.

10. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

@Hulk : Yes, that is the order number. I was never made aware of a 50/50 split, unless that was a conversation the Middleman Agent and Bignasty25 had on their private ticket.

@Ryan : Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.

At this point, I really am just ready to get it over with because we have been going back and forth for almost 6 months and I would be content with the 50/50 split.

11. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

@Hulk @Ryan @Middleman

Hello, I understand if you are off due to the Holidays - but whenever you all have the chance, could I please get an update on this dispute?

12. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

17   0   0

13. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

Thank you for your help thus far.

14. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

@Middleman Could I please get an update on this dispute, as it has been over a week since it has been filed?

15. Hulk

Hulk
    Expand Collapse

17   0   0

Was the holidays so expect this addressed this week as half the staff was gone.

IzzyK likes this.
  16. OP
    OP
    IzzyK

IzzyK
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

@Middleman Could I please get an update on this dispute?

17. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

Actually we're taking a LOSS @IzzyK to help you guys out. Hope you guys appreciate it. Buyer will get a full refund and you still get 50%. Essentially we did nothing to trigger this dispute but the buyer isn't at fault we can't punish him for this and we can't punish you so unfortunately we're doing this on an one time basis and crediting you just so you can move forward and be satisfied you at least got something out of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.