Sold Reddit I need help to know what to do with horrible shipment.

Discussion in 'Reddit Accounts for Sale - Buy & Sell Aged Karma Account' started by /u/stiffybig, 1/24/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /u/stiffybig

/u/stiffybig
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: This user has been flagged as high risk due to one or more reasons

0   0   0

Backstory, I've been out of work since May 9th because of a very painful neurological disorder that is also causing me to have many seizures a day. I've burned through my savings and at 35 have been forced to move back in with my parents so I don't drown in the shower or starve to death. After dealing with crippling depression for months I decided to scrape up what was left and buy a broken iMac on eBay and fix it.

Well I found one, the listing talked about it being flawless, just needing a GPU. So excitedly I buy it without doing my research (I'm on a lot of morphine, it makes me less mindful). After my purchase I google how to fix it, first reply to same question on Apple's website said you can't it's soldered into the logic board. So I order a logic board. Turns out this guy is a total love you and no one at apple has taken the post down in 5 years. Okay my bad. Anyway I order I video card, and he'd because the description says ambiguously that it does'nt have one.. Then I realize it does'nt come with ram because this guy's item description was wrote by a drunk toddler.

Anyway after ordering everything I could possibly need the iMac arrived today. The mail lady knocked on my door and said she was sorry that the package was heavily damaged. (See pics) Okay so the iMac I had all my hope and dreams on has arrived, and instead of being flawless, it's totally marred on every side. He put this heavy computer in a box that says it is for church chair coverings 9.5 kilos (20lbs). It's ripped on 3 sides, gaping holes, crushed etc. I open the box up and the iMac is lying on it's back in the bottom of the box with no packing materials under it, and just two narrow strips of foam on top. There is no way that someone could think they could ship an iMac from California to Florida in basically a wet sack with 1/10 of a pool noodle on top. I feel like it had to be on purpose. There were no cables, no accessories, no ram cover, this supposedly flawless computer had deep gouges in the aluminum that look like they have been there since dinosaurs walked the earth. The only logical thing I can think of is this person robbed the computer blind then packed it that way on purpose to hide a shady listing.

I now have 300 dollars worth of parts for this, and the computer looks like it was in "Will it Blend". Lesson learned on buying parts before receiving the item, believe me... but that was all the money I had. I sent him pictures and asked him about filing an insurance claim, and he relies "oh man sorry, uh I don't know if it has it, I'll get back to you, no returns though." What can I do? The mac itself was cheap. I paid as much for shipping as I did the mac. From the looks of things I will just get back the item price and not the shipping meaning I lost my love you, in a no love you recovery zone. Is there ANYTHING I can do to salvage this even a little? Is there any type of protection for me from what looks like maybe a malicious seller?

Pic album of the awesome packing job.

Le Mac

# #/stiffybig
    . .

#1 /u/stiffybig, 1/24/17
    Last edited by a moderator: 10/23/18
    • This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.