[Please Read] New Scamming Method

Discussion in 'Maplestory Accounts for Sale - Buy & Sell' started by Facebook, 8/1/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Facebook

Facebook
    Expand Collapse
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

2   0   0

It has come to my attention that there has been a new scamming method which involves with the deletion of your character.

As you may know, there has been a new PIC system, replacing our old PIN system.

What players don't know, or haven't found out yet is that in order to delete your account, you do not need your birthday anymore; it has been replaced by the PIC number.

So what does this mean?

You are trading accounts with another individual and there are rarely a MiddleMan online. Your account is stripped in this situation, and he offers to go first, but in return, you letting him on your account.

Knowing there isn't anything to steal, you comply, and let him on.

What the scammer does is stay on the character selection screen, and ask for the rest of your info, or your characters to be deleted.

If you don't comply, he deletes your character. If you do comply, you lose your account.

Corrupt people has done this, and can possibly do it to you, so as a friendly warning... DON'T.

It seems a member of this forum has already been a victim of this scam, and it would suck for another to lose their characters...

You can flame all you want about how you already knew this and i am stating the obvious. Well, as for me, I just found out, and I've talked to 3 other members regarding this, and they were shocked to find out too.;p

And, just in general.... It's not worth it at all to risk losing your account in ANY way than to just keep it and wait for a safe trade. Even if your in a rush. It's not worth it! Keep that in mind haha.

Well yea, that's about it.

Just a friendly warning.

Thanks for reading guys :)

- Eeyore.

To prevent this, use a middleman and make sure the middleman logs on both accounts AFTER changing the informations. This will prevent either trading party from staying on the account.

Wow, thnx for telling me because im selling accounts, and also thnx for warning the own hackers that they shouldnt even try because they know we not gonna fall for it.

Btw... All readers should give feedback to eeyore because he just saved your a$$ from getting scammed. Thnx alot :)

Agree'd. brap brap

Stupid account hijackers... I lost my nl because of this. If you do end up in this situation like I did just have them delete it. Scammers do not deserve anything and I (in the case of my NL) I would rather no one have it then chris2294.

Originally Posted by mmmmlol

Stupid account hijackers... I lost my nl because of this. If you do end up in this situation like I did just have them delete it. Scammers do not deserve anything and I (in the case of my NL) I would rather no one have it then chris2294.

Exactly, what would the point of giving it to them? Its obvious they would just run off with it...

Anyways, Nexon being Nexon, why would you remove the birthday requirement to delete a character...this is just like when they removed SQ to change password.

Originally Posted by tonytheviet

Exactly, what would the point of giving it to them? Its obvious they would just run off with it...

Anyways, Nexon being Nexon, why would you remove the birthday requirement to delete a character...this is just like when they removed SQ to change password.

Because it doesn't affect the single owner, but rather diminishes the odds of people wanting to trade accounts. Which is, of course, against the ToS in the first place.

But the SQ problems are now overlooked, and few even remember their functions. Hopefully people will forget about this too and find new ways to trade.

Maples just stopping everyone from trading accounts but we still find a way to trade >.>. Oh well people will be smart enough to use a MM. if not then your just risking your account.

I agree 100%, furthermore, I'd like to show my appreciation towards Eeyore for putting this valuable information on the web for traders such as us to know. This not only minimizes the chances of account traders getting scammed but also shows us of the scamming methods that may be bein

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.