Under Investigation Lie to middleman that I recovered my account and ask for a refund

Discussion in 'Disputes - Caution / Under Investigation' started by augustine96, 12/31/16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. augustine96

augustine96
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification

7   0   0

1. Date Dispute Happened
    31 December 2016

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    I'm the Seller

3. Total Transaction Value
    $55

4. Other Parties Username
    hontubo

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    Middleman Link

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    Don't know

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    Don't know

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    Don't know

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

Summary:
    Buyer lied to middleman that I recovered back the account and he want his money back even though he playing or had access to the account. He changed the steam password and change it original email to his email. I was feeling anxious so I went to Steam Support to get the account back by providing proof of ownership.

Full story:
    I sold dota 2 account 4.9k mmr id. I gave all the information to the buyer, email pwd and steam id and pwd. I have recovery email added and I went to disconnect it so that buyer have full authority over the account. I saw he playing with my id and told him to verified fast that he got the account and had full access to it. But then he told the middleman that I recover back my id which is a lie thus he want to scam by getting the account itself with the money. I saw him playing with the id and he already add his friends. He said he want his money back as I recover back my id but I never in my life trying to recovered the id that I sold. So I seek Steam Support for help and I want my account back as I feel very uncomfortable with the idea he might also steal the account itself and the items. At Steam Support I can proof my ownership of the account using my payment when I buy steam wallet. During the verification, I saw that he changes the original email to his email starting with h*@gmail.com and even added phone number. After a week that he had access to my account, I finally recover back my id. I don’t want to wait long as he asking for a refund and that he playing the id. After recovering back, the id, I check the match history that he playing from Europe. Also, he chatting with his friends in an Italian Language. After I recovered back the id he make a private conversation with me telling that he wants to apologize for his "misbehave" actions. But I wont deal him anymore because he can ask for a refund or cancel the order or do whatever he want and I lost so much time and my id is ruined because of him with many matches loss. *I recovered my account back today after buyer hontubo had access with the account for a week; Date: 31 December 2016 1.20am +8 GMT*

Picture for proof:

1) At 3 way conversation;
    Chat1.PNG
    Chat2.PNG

2) He still refuse to acknowledge that he still had the account which make me anxious and afraid that he might take all the items in the account which prompt me to contact Steam Support to recovered my account (buyer can request for a refund later on)
    Chat3.PNG

3) After I recovered back the account with Steam Support, he chat with me using private conversation:
    Chat4.PNG

4) I check steam chat after I recovered back my account and this is the proof that hontubo got his account and talking to his friend in Italian Language
    HACK1.PNG

5) I check the steam profile and this is a proof of his Italian friend:
    HACK2.PNG

6) His latest match at the account which was at Europe:

I copy and paste the match id in Dota 2 recent match to dotabuff:
    Match 2882728716 - Overview - DOTABUFF - Dota 2 Stats

*Someone like this buyer should get banned because this buyer tried to exploit and lied at 3 way conversation which delay the process. Reluctantly, I managed to recovered back my account. Also the buyer can now make a request to cancel the order and get the refund because I don't have to worry this time that I recovered my account back and I a little bit relieved that he didn't stole my items which can make more loss*

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.