Joost Meijer - Scam Fraud

Discussion in 'Disputes - Resolved Cases' started by Disputes, 5/25/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disputes

Disputes
    Expand Collapse
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

0   0   0

[​IMG]

Sellers Email Addresses

[email protected] - Paypal Email Address
    [email protected] - Clash of Clans Account, Google Play Account

Parties Involved In This Transaction
    @Joost - Joost Meijer - Seller
    @alexrui - Buyer

Transaction Breakdown
    • On May 15, 2014, the buyer @alexrui purchased a Clash of Clans Account from the seller @Joost using our PlayerUp Middleman Service.
    • The order was then created, the seller provided the account information to the buyer which ended up being invalid. However, as the hours went by the seller was finally able to provide the buyer the correct account information after hours of going back and forth struggling to receive the correct account information.
    • After the buyer confirmed the account is as described and requested for us to release the payment to the seller, we then proceeded. Proof of payment can be found below:
    [​IMG]
    • On May 20, 2014, we received notice from the buyer that he was unable to login to the account. The buyers opinion at the time was that the seller had recalled the account. PlayerUp then proceeded with contacting the seller and including the buyer into the conversation. The buyer provided significant proof that the seller had recalled the account but the seller denied all actions and instead started to blame PlayerUp and the buyer. After many hours of communications, we concluded that the only way this was going to be resolved was if the seller provided the buyer the information required to reset the password to the account.
    • On May 21, 2014, PlayerUp requested for the seller to provide all details to the Google Account to the buyer and provide us his phone number. The seller refused instead making up excuses blaming others. Without the sellers cooperation, PlayerUp sent all information to our Administrative Disputes and Mediation department in order to investigate this issue.
    • After our investigation, we can conclude that the seller, Joost Meijer @Joost is intentionally trying to commit fraud in receiving payment and then recalling the account on the buyer.
    • While conducting our investigation, we found that the Clash of Clans Account which is linked to a GMAIL Google Play Account, password had been recently changed.
    [​IMG]
    • We then proceeded with resetting the password to the gmail address above and found that a phone number and new name was recently added to the gmail account. Keep in mind that the buyer is supposed to now control this e-mail address, not the seller.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • PlayerUp then proceeded with resetting the password to his gmail address listed on his PayPal Address.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    • Now if the seller wants to make the claim that these 2 phone numbers aren't the same ending in **00, then the seller should provide us his phone number so we can verify this. However, the seller as of now has refused to provide this phone number and we can only assume the reason is because he knows we intend to complete verification showing proof the seller is fraudulent. Additionally, I will note to the seller that changing the phone numbers at this point will only verify again that you are fraudulent.
    • Once again, we can conclude that the seller, Joost Meijer @Joost is intentionally trying to commit fraud in receiving payment and then recalling the account reclaiming the inventory in which he transferred all rights to the buyer.
    • PlayerUp was founded as the first company devoted to legally protecting Player-2-Player Online Video Game Account Transactions. Even though the buyer didn't opt for legal protection, anyone who goes through our Middleman Service should be assured that PlayerUp will do everything they can to ensure both parties conduct safe, secure, and legitimate transactions.
    • We sent our notice of intent to enforce the sellers agreement. Shortly after sending this, Joost Meijer contacted us and returned access to the account. However, as you can see in the messages following this one, Joost Meijer continued to deceive us and continue his fraudulent acts.
    • This dispute will be removed once the seller Joost Meijer has agreed to return all funds to the buyer voluntarily. Until then, anyone who is intending to do business or hire Mr. Joost Meijer should avoid. His fraudulent acts speak for themselves and if he did it with us, it is likely he will continue his mindset with you.

#1 Disputes, 5/25/14
    Last edited by a moderator: 6/18/14
    • This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. Joost

Joost
    Expand Collapse
    Banned Status: This user has been banned due to fraudaulent acts against others

0   0   0

My conclusion.

I provided the google account, the buyer confirmed he took full control, and the account was delivered.
    After 4 days the payment was received at my paypal account, and the transaction was completed.

I don't see whats the matter, I never recalled ANY account, and if I was about to scam, I would've NOT used middleman.

And, why do you think I get angry? You asked me about a 1000 questions, only help the buyer, I tried help, but what if I simply didn't have any security questions or information to help.

Thats it, I wanna help, but not like this way. How am I supposed to be helping if you simply dont listen to me?

3. OP
    OP
    Disputes

Disputes
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

The phone number on the gmail account is set to your phone number. It matches the same phone number on your paypal gmail account. As soon as the gmail password is reset and returned to the buyer, we can close this issue and restore your account.

4. alexrui

alexrui
    Expand Collapse
    Suspended Status: This user has been suspended for terms of service violations or fraud practices

0   0   0

Can you give me an update about this ??

5. OP
    OP
    Disputes

Disputes
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

@Joost

We need a response from you within 48 hours on this matter.

6. alexrui

alexrui
    Expand Collapse
    Suspended Status: This user has been suspended for terms of service violations or fraud practices

0   0   0

He recover the account and he said the money was refund, can you confirm this??

7. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

We have received no refund from @Joost

8. OP
    OP
    Disputes

Disputes
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

@Joost

So what you're saying is you took back the Clash of Clans Account. If you took it back, then you need to send the payment back to us so we can void this agreement. You haven't completed this process yet.

9. OP
    OP
    Disputes

Disputes
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

@Joost confirmed that he recalled the account. An invoice has been sent to @Joost. Once that has been paid, we will close this issue and your PlayerUp Account will be restored. That refund will need to be issued within 24 hours.

This is your last chance to do what is right @Joost. If you don't reply respond back within 24 hours reaching an agreement on refunding that payment, we will proceed with Plan B as specified in the e-mail we just sent you.

This is your final chance to do what is right or be deemed as fraudulent publically.

#9 Disputes, 5/30/14
    Last edited by a moderator: 5/30/14
  10. Joost

Joost
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

I am not a frauder or scammer, or however you wanna call it?

Isn't it just possible for me to give the google credentials again, and let him change it again, whatever. I just need the money.

11. OP
    OP
    Disputes

Disputes
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

According to you, you aren't fraud or a scammer, yet you:

1). Took the money
    2). Stole the item back

Explain why you believe this isn't fraud?

You can either return the money or fully provide the account back to the buyer if he agrees to accept it back. It's your choice but you should know that our Plan B is an effective solution on our end at resolving this with or without your cooperation. Your choice if you want to lose it all or resolve and close this issue on good terms. We're giving you a chance to do what is right. You have 23 hours.

12. alexrui

alexrui
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Joost just contact me he said he can return the account to my and provide all the credentials again

13. Joost

Joost
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

These are the new google credentials linked to the coc account,

User: [email protected]
    Pass: Joostje1998

14. alexrui

alexrui
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

I'm in of the account, I just want to be sure a few thing first to confirm everything is ok

15. Whosurbud

Whosurbud
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification

0   0   0

What a scumbag. I hope it all works out.

16. Joost

Joost
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Would you stay out this conversation? Thank you.
    You have nothing to de here.

17. alexrui

alexrui
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

according to google, even if I changed password, recovery email and phone number. he will be avaible to recall the account using the same recovery phone number ends in 00, Account must remain the next 32 days without changes to the information remains saved until I introduced it again in the future change

18. Joost

Joost
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Thats alright, but keep in mind the 24th I am going on vacation to France, so I won't be on for 2 weeks by then.

19. alexrui

alexrui
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Really? again? you recall the account again

20. Joost

Joost
    Expand Collapse

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.