How to get Free Laptops (Alienware or Dell)

Discussion in 'Marketing Other Services For Sale - Buy & Sell' started by JustcallmeMIN, 3/12/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustcallmeMIN

JustcallmeMIN
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: This user has been flagged as high risk due to one or more reasons

0   0   0

Disclaimer: I did not write this, Found this on Another Forum, Looked Interesting, Wanted to share it with you guys. Let me know if it works out if anyone do wish to try it out.

The METHOD W/ BackStory:
    I used to work for Dell ProSupport, I know how they work. He's missing a lot of requirements and information that could either make or break you in getting a machine. And by break I mean arrested. Here is my revised method with inside corporate information.

NOTE: I have not actually tried this method, but I can say it may work because I used to work there. If someone succeeds, please let me know via PM.

First things first, get a service tag. Ebay, CL, you know the drill. Ask for the service tag, go to “support.dell.com” and punch it in. Go to the “Warrany” option, type in the captcha, and see what it has on there for a warranty. If it is out of warranty, disregard. If it does NOT have Accidental/CompleteCare, disregard. It is optimal if it has ProSupport, but Basic should be fine too (they usually care less actually).

Once you have the service tag and verified it is a good option, go BACK to the seller and ask for the ACCOUNT NAME/COMPANY NAME. This part is HUGE. They will NOT assist you AT ALL unless you have this information correct. They will also not release this information. Dell is aware of people trying to SE them and they take this seriously. I personally saw a case that ended with the authorities breaking down the door during a call because someone was trying to SE the account (it was recorded and played to us during training). Do not love you this up. Just ask the seller for the Account Name because you want to call Dell to review the service history.

EDIT: Another story of Dell complying with authorities: A kid at my high school stole a bunch of Dell Desktops from the library one year. They thought they lost them until the love you decided to call in to Dell support to troubleshoot a non-working machine (this was WAY before i worked for Dell). We found out around school that he got arrested and prosecuted for theft. So yes, they will not mess around.

Once you got the account name and service tag, either call in or chat into dell to the respective queue (basic or ProSupport). Make sure to use a proxy for the chat, call from a public phone. They log that love you. Start running with your SE skills here to get a replacement.

NOTE: Dell usually likes to do 2 or so dispatches before giving a system exchange. RARELY did we ever actually give one out on first shot. It was actually almost impossible.

The best way to do this is to give them an excuse that makes the computer UNSALVAGEABLE or TOO EXPENSIVE TO REPAIR. I would say the best option is to claim that your sister/kid/brother etc spilled an entire glass of milk on the machine (REMEMBER, YOU NEED COMPLETE CARE FOR THIS). They will offer depot but decline at all costs. Say you don’t want depot because the milk will eventually fester and make the laptop stink which is not ok. After arguing with them incessantly, they will probably approve it. Make sure to give them a false email.

EDIT: Another way to get your refund... Keep calling in every 4 days. They cant keep a case closed until there hasnt been an inbound activity for 7 days after they close it. So if you keep calling in... they will get pissed the love you off and probably give you one eventually if you keep at it. If youre REALLY desperate... ask for the case to be escalated to the TAM (Technical Account Manager). This is above support group and once it gets to this level the do what you want. They never offer it, you have to ask for it. Be careful though, they may investigate you at this level, im not sure.

They will ask what the shipping address is, use a ReShip address or the like. Do not give your actual address here. The replacement will take about 1-3 weeks depending. Also be advised that the warranty will be canceled on the old machine and implanted on to the new one. They will also request the defective machine back. You don’t have to worry about this because you used a drop address.

Just wait for the replacement to arrive and there you go!! A free dell laptop. Enjoy.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.