Destiny 2 Steam Account recalled/stolen

Discussion in 'Disputes - Resolved Cases' started by Fatal170, 2/19/21.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification

1   0   0

My Location:
    How to Report a Dispute
    Please fill out all 9 questions below. You must provide proof or your claim cannot be validated.

1. Date Dispute Happened
    February 18th, 2021

2. Are You The Buyer or Seller
    I'm the Buyer

3. Total Transaction Value
    Example: $426 USD

4. Other Parties Username
    HelloSlayer

5. Method Used To Pay or Receive Payment
    Credit Card, Visa

6. Other Parties Email Addresses
    Example: [email protected]

7. Other Parties Payment Email Address
    Example: [email protected]

8. Other Parties Messenger Username
    Seller's discord: ThatGuy#2989

9. Provide All Chat Logs and Additional Information Below

Will attach chat logs, I have all messages from 3 way with middleman and seller, HelloSlayer

Below attached will be all conversations between seller and myself on discord which was his profiles channel for conversation

So attached will be screenshots showing before and after of the hacker
    /thief who changed the email from the listed middlemen convo email, to another, and screen name changing. The others show my email to prove ownership, account linkage in crossave and so on.

Attached Files:

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
  2. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    Here are more pictures to explain my side, it shows the account when sold to me email was changed to mine, then it says on steam no account with that email can be found. Then, on my destiny 2 companion app, you can see again my [email protected] email is verified, then later is changed to an email that I am not the owner of and I was verified somewhere else. Also, the steam account purchased is now listed as private and changed to some sort of Asian lettering as the name, which before my name was Shaxxistraitor. Also, a support claim has been filed by me with steam to show my account was stolen and my information changed.

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
  4. Help

Help
    Expand Collapse
    Community Moderator

8   0   0

5. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    Tagging @Help

So what are the steps from here if the seller won't respond? I've tried this, messaging him on discord, shows he's been active here quite frequently.

6. HelloSlayer

HelloSlayer
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

My Location:
    Sorry for such a delayed reply I am still at work. I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and let's see if we have a way of fixing this.

First - let me provide the basis for the conversation moving forward as this is important piece of information. If you message on that discord and get the reply block it as soon as possible. Two months ago I had unfortunate case of stolen identiy , my debit/credit cards and emails were affected. So I'm almost done with the process of replacing all of the information. I am more than happy to contact you on discord if you and trust me I am not trying to avoid you.

Second - I am more than happy to assist you of getting this account back the only major problem is , the original email I used on the account no longer exists as I had to delete it. Now we all might think okay if my email was hacked surely someone got a hold of my info and could easily portray themselves as me and recover that account. That's very much possible however I deleted that email two months ago as well as my other yahoo accounts (yes yahoo are the worst with the security ). However if this would be the case, I'm sure you would be raising this ticket here months ago.

Now here's the kicker and I had to look into this myself. I accepted few steam gifts few years ago and it IS possible for the person who gifted me a game to pose as account holder and retrieve it back, however it is highly unlikely someone after few years would go and say - you know what I want this account.

Third - If you remember I was the one pushing you to use middle man as it's a lot safe and I stand by my decision not to get involved with Destiny 2 anymore and it would be just odd for me to try and recover the account months after sale, as usually such attempts result in epic failure.

I am more than happy to link you to other website I usre frequently, and I sold few Genshin Impact game accounts and had no issues at all from people that bought accounts.

Fourth - And please don't take this the wrong way I am not trying to accuse you of anything however anyone that is playing destiny will find this suspicious . Can I ask if you by any chance used any recovery service trials carry ? I did some digging with the picture and the account name you provided and please be honest with me, because when I checked destiny 2 stats, it's either someone was hacking on the group you played with or which is more likely DDOsing oposing team as there are 5x matches in a row where you win within a minute and it continues for 5x matches in a row.

It's not unusual to load in to empty match, but 5 matches in a row ? That's usally the sign of recovery service. And everything is suspicious about the group the light level the KD/A i don't know and I'm so sorry trust me I am not trying to attack you. Please check images I attached of what I found. These matches are from a week ago.

As I mentioned I am more than happy to try and get this recovered but the problem is because email is deleted there is hardly any evidence that account even belonged to me.

I know it's hard to believe for either you or the moderator, but come on why would I do that months after sale :/ ? I will wait for your reply.

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    Thank you so much for the reply, and I'm sorry for accusations, but I'm do stressed over this. Had no idea what was going on and you were my only lead. Sorry for your issues with the old email and identity issues.

Now, yes, I did use a trials recovery service last weekend because I was off of town and couldn't play, but I used the account info from my Xbox, not my steam info you had given to me. Now, how they got into steam I have no idea and didn't think that was possible.

If there's any way you can help me, I am in dire need if it. The account is what I want, nothing more. I tried working with steam, but they're refusing because I'm not the creator. I can still access the account through my Xbox because I have silver on the account and they can't unlink it due to that. So whomever this is doing this will be stopped

8. HelloSlayer

HelloSlayer
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

My Location:
    Ok I will contact steam the only problem is as I mentioned my claim to the account is the address that I used on it, account info and email I used. Those are the only details I have, which is pretty weak but as the whole email was deleted , these are the only details I can give so if steam refuses to help I have no idea what to do and I would ask @Help an advice :/.

And sorry, as I mentioned it's not my intention to accuse you or anything , it's just I've seen so many posts on destiny forum and reddit where recovery service gone wrong :(.

Another thing is , I thought maybe bungie could help with this, but it looks they they are as good as useless as their stance is basically - Well we can't do anything .....

It's super stressful I get that and I've been there but all we can do now is wait and see what steam can do.

I will wait for them to reply and will drop conversation screenshot in here.

@Help can you reply and help us with this somehow, what is the procedure if steam refuses to give the account back ?

9. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    Thank you again HelloSlayer. I've screenshot the ip address of the person whom did the recovery, luckily my router and my Xbox picks up on that stuff when something is unusual. So I have that info. Also I have the ebay messages and screens screenshots of the guy I purchased from, whom hasn't disappeared yet. He also defended himself saying how would he have hacked steam or even gotten in through xbox login alone, they are completely different logins and passwords. Also were never discussed between us. Any help on this would be wonderful. You and from @Help any tips? What could bungie do? I also went through steam, they denied me since I'm not the creator, so godly you have more luck. Even if the address is gone, for recovery purposes it should work, they just want established history and payment history. Which obviously I couldn't give

10. HelloSlayer

HelloSlayer
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

My Location:
    Oh no, you're right even if that email does not exist they should help but the you are right in saying if they ask for some purchase history, I am royally screwed :/ . So fingers cross. Let's wait for few days and see what Steam decides to do ! It's 9pm here for me so if you don't hear back from me later today I am sleeping most likely. I'm working tomorrow as well but will be available after that. If you need anything just drop a message in here

11. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    You've got it, and you too. Thank you for the help, this is a nightmare I didn't think would happen, never again will I use a recovery service for something I'm perfectly capable of doing.

12. HelloSlayer

HelloSlayer
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

My Location:
    Hey quick update, steam updated support ticket stating that they already received such account recovery request. Now I did ask when was it because clearly someone is posing as me... So I guess we will have to wait for another day and a half for steam to come back.

Now there is a glimmer of hope. I need to reach out to my friend and ask if he still has a Heroes of Might and magic VI disk I gave him as this game is on that steam account, and CD key on the back of the case would be pretty strong prove of the ownership of the account as that game was added to steam by me like 6 or 7 years ago. I'm at work for the next 6h and will have to do some work around the house so if you don't hear back from me today I will update you once steam comes back.

We got this don't worry!

13. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    Awesome thank you for the update. I'm sure what they are speaking of is either me when I messaged them a few days ago trying to recover the account, and that didn't work. Or, possibly when this other person may have tried, willing to bet the former. So as long as you can prove everything or as much as possible, we should be in a positive place with things. Thank you for all you're doing.

14. HelloSlayer

HelloSlayer
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

1   0   0

My Location:
    Steam replied basically asking to provide a proof of ownership, so they need a copy of purchase made in that account. My buddy did found the CD and will email me the details once he is finished with work (8h from now). So if everything goes smoothly and steam gets back to me I should have account back on Friday =] . And they can't really dispute that CD Key as the game is as old as account itself !

15. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    That's amazing, thank you so much my friend, seriously, thank you so much for all of this. Please just keep me posted, were going to lock this account down and make it secure as can be after this if everything goes smoothly

16. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    Explain? This added no help to the thread

17. OP
    OP
    Fatal170

Fatal170
    Expand Collapse

1   0   0

My Location:
    @Help @Middleman. The seller and myself have Ben able able recover the account and have locked it down securely. If anything in the future happens, one or both if us will start a new thread and make sure its brought to attention. Thank you for monitoring the conversation and for standing by if needed! And thank you to @HelloSlayer for helping out immensely in recovering the account!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.