ban this guy, he just stole my account

Discussion in 'Disputes - Resolved Cases' started by Parrow76, 1/10/16.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

I screwed up and did not read/understand your warnings well. I was messaging this guy about an account I was selling and I got an email I thought was from you guys. Later I went back and read closer that you don't sent emails. So I'm the *****.

I know you can't do anything about it, but this is the guy that stole it from me.

phantomscore
    Thought you might like to know he's a scammer

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
    Admin and Middleman like this.
  2. heiisniper

heiisniper
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Veteran Status: This user is a veteran experienced member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

52   0   0

My Location:
    in the start somebody scammed me too ...
    I just requested from steam support to retrieve my hijacked account and after few days i got the account clean without any issues..
    you should try to communicate the company (that your account belogs to).
    give them all the info you know , maybe you will get the account back!
    Hope I helped you! .

3. OP
    OP
    Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

I contacted the gaming company that very day and they are working to help me. I supplied all of the information required to prove it was my account, including a copy of every single purchase made showing my information as account holder during purchase. They are generally slow in response, but they did respond to request the aforementioned information, so it looks promising. I'll update if it goes well.

4. Middleman

Middleman
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman support tickets Middleman Status (Staff): This account handles all middleman transactions

173   0   0

Which game is this for if I may ask?

Admin likes this.
  5. heiisniper

heiisniper
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Veteran Status: This user is a veteran experienced member Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

52   0   0

My Location:
    If you have all the info . You will probably get the account back!
    Good luck and have fun !

Admin likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

It was for Summoner's War

Admin likes this.
  7. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

45   0   0

Would be nice to know step by step what you did to get your account back so we can send a copy and paste to others if they experience the same issue.

8. OP
    OP
    Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

I have not got it back yet...as they are still in the verification process, but if I do, I will gladly update with what I did in order to get it back.

9. Admin

Admin
    Expand Collapse
    Admin Status (Staff): This account handles all admin general support inquiries

45   0   0

Thank you! Just want to create a guide to help the community so if it happens again in the future, at least we can help.

10. Angelo Messi

Angelo Messi
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

15   0   0

This is helpful when you are the original owner of the account but what happens when it's a purchased account and the seller has all the original info proving to be the owner. The game developers of course can't do anything if you can't prove you're the owner. In my case I did ask the seller for proof of ownership but of course he gave me false info. I'm learning from my mistakes but still seems they are always one step ahead. I'm just hoping middleman can help me get my money back. (ref my own open dispute thread)

11. OP
    OP
    Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

Update: I got my account back today. I was able to log in with original email and reset all personal data and password. It's on a 24 hour lockdown, I imagine to give me time to fix all my stuff. 20.5 hours left...lol counting down.

I will just take a moment to emphasize the following: do not do any business outside of PM here on this site with middleman. If anyone wants to kik or line or Facebook or whatever you are being scammed. There is no reason to use outside messenging service when pjs work fine here. They are very good, the scammers, at making things seem legit and building trust and faking contact misrepresenting middleman. If it's not a PM from middleman via this site I would say it is 100% scam. Learn from my mistake.

My account is no longer for sale...lol. Decided to keep it.

Hopefully anyone reading this can use it to keep them safe.

Angelo Messi and Rolan like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

That is a completely different scenario than mine so I wouldn't know how to answer. It's tough when dealing with purchased accounts due to lack of "evidence" proving its yours. I too wondered what would keep a person from selling an account...then reporting it stolen and then giving them I for and getting the account back and then you're out money and no new account.

Too much room for scams for my liking which is why I just decided to keep my account.

Good luck

13. PlayerUp

PlayerUp
    Expand Collapse
    Automated Helper Bot
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

2   0   0

[trigger]Guide - How To Report A Dispute

Automated Response

Hello, if someone has scammed/frauded you, please open a dispute form (takes 2 minutes) using the link below. Filing a report will then provide us the necessary information to take action against the individual and assist you at resolving the dispute.

Disputes - Active | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and sorry to hear about the problems you experienced.

.[/trigger]
    [trigger=by]For: Parrow76 Re: #10[/trigger]

14. Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    MOD, Platinum Seller & offers Broker/Pilot Service
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

483   0   0

Congrats!

Parrow76 likes this.
  15. Angelo Messi

Angelo Messi
    Expand Collapse
    Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Silver Status: This user has successfully completed 15+ middleman transactions

15   0   0

Great to hear and congrats. Hopefully I can get my money back too.

Parrow76 likes this.
  16. PlayerUp

PlayerUp
    Expand Collapse
    Automated Helper Bot

2   0   0

Automated Response

Hello, if someone has scammed/frauded you, please open a dispute form (takes 2 minutes) using the link below. Filing a report will then provide us the necessary information to take action against the individual and assist you at resolving the dispute.

Disputes - Active | PlayerUp - Video Game Accounts Marketplace. Player 2 Player Secure Platform.

Thank you for your cooperation on this matter and sorry to hear about the problems you experienced.

.[/trigger]
    [trigger=by]For: Angelo Messi Re: #12[/trigger]

17. OP
    OP
    Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

I first submitted a ticket stating my account was stolen. This is important as it is against the rules to buy/sale/trade, so they would be less inclined to help knowing you broke the rules.

They replied and asks that I submit a list of info they requested, of which was screenshots of my first and last purchase.

I did so

They then replied that I needed to send in screenshots of all of my purchases. I contacted iTunes support and they emailed me jpg' of all of my purchases.

Unfortunately their upload only holds 3 images per ticket. I had 126 invoices. So I made 4 very large image compilations of all of the invoices and submitted them in 2 different tickets.

They replied stating that they now have all of the required documentation and they would forward the info to the developers to make a decision on wether or not they would reset the email back to my original email on the account. If I did not hear back in 72 hours, to submit a ticket.

Today was the third day and just for shits and giggles I tried to log in with my email to my hive account. It didn't work. So I tried to reset password using my original email and it worked. I was overcome with excitement. Before it didn't recognize my email, only the scammers.

So I reset my password and logged in, then reset all the data back to my personal info that the scammer changed.

I then tried to log into the game and it said "restricted for advertising 24 hours" it's now down to 20 hours so the clock is ticking down. Yay.

I'm assuming the lock serves two purposes. 1 to smack my pecker and say "don't do this love you again man" and 2 to give me a day to reset all of my information.

I submitted a ticket saying thank you etc. etc. and informed them that I have reset all the data back to me and I was good to go. I have not heard anything back.

Hopefully that is the info you were looking for, I don't think I left anything out. One thing I will add is that hive is not quick to respond. So you have to be patient. All tickets took at a minimum of a day to be responded to. I was apologetic, polite, and patient, in the end I think that is one reason they helped me. The other reason being all those invoices I submitted...they totaled a tad over 2400 bucks. I spend a lot of money on that game, lol. I guess it helps to be a paying sucker...I mean customer.

18. PlayerUp

PlayerUp
    Expand Collapse
    Automated Helper Bot

2   0   0

Automated Response

.[/trigger]
    [trigger=by]For: Parrow76 Re: #13[/trigger]

19. Rolan

Rolan
    Expand Collapse
    MOD, Platinum Seller & offers Broker/Pilot Service
    Premium Status: This user has a Premier Sellers Account Verified Status: This user has completed basic background and ID verification Devoted Status: This user is a devoted member who helps other members Platinum Status: This user has successfully completed 125+ middleman transactions Moderator Status (Non Employee): This account handles basic community support inquiries

483   0   0

Best thing to do here is to first ask if he's the real owner of the account you are buying, if not then ask him if he still has contact with the person he bought the account from. I'm aware that many SW accounts have already been resold many times and from that its very hard to track who the real owner was.

The accounts that im selling here were also just bought by me from another resellers but I do have a way to secure an account and I tell them to my buyers so that they can fully secure it too. :]

Parrow76 likes this.
  20. OP
    OP
    Parrow76

Parrow76
    Expand Collapse
    Unverified Member

0   0   0

Note. In that long reply to admin I didn't clarify that first sentence. I just reported the account as stolen. They never asked how and I never offered up anymore info than that. I know of people being told "sorry Charlie" with deals gone bad. So if this happens to you just report it stolen. Don't say hacked or tell them you tried to trade or buy or sell. Just report it stolen. And after all you're not lying...I didn't lie...my account was stolen. I just didn't tell them how it got stolen. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.