Anyway to avoid Paypal chargeback?

Discussion in 'Maplestory Accounts for Sale - Buy & Sell' started by Facebook, 8/1/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Facebook

Facebook
    Expand Collapse
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

2   0   0

Hey guys.

ive been scammed like 2 times that way...

is there anyway i can secure the money i got from a buyer?

coz if not...how come peoples actually selling their accounts?

i was planning to sell my BM but im afraid ill lose everything again.

Thanks alot.

Ask them to send the payment as gift.

Didn't I already explain this to you on MSN?

There is no way to avoid paypal disputes 100%

The real killer is unauthorized claim which is when they call they're credit card company or bank and claim they never authorized the transaction, Which then by law the credit card or bank company has to claim it. Which then puts paypal in a tough spot so they freeze the funds until it's settled and both parties put in as much proof as possible.

There are a few things you can do to minimize the chances of you being scammed.

1.) Have the buyer send you the $$ by calling paypal themselves and authorizing it. (make sure paypal sends it as a gift).What this does is they basically confirm who they are by calling paypal from the number that is on their paypal.

2.) Take screenshots of your conversation with the buyer.

3.) Have him email you on the email they're paypal is made from, basically a disclaimer stating that they're sending you money and that they're in full control of the paypal.

4.) have them show you a screenshot of they're id or state license showing they're full name and address and make sure it matches their paypal information

Even with all of these steps you still can't secure it 100% but it helps alot.

Goodluck

Originally Posted by wackysicko

There is no way to avoid paypal disputes 100%

The real killer is unauthorized claim which is when they call they're credit card company or bank and claim they never authorized the transaction, Which then by law the credit card or bank company has to claim it. Which then puts paypal in a tough spot so they freeze the funds until it's settled and both parties put in as much proof as possible.

There are a few things you can do to minimize the chances of you being scammed.

1.) Have the buyer send you the $$ by calling paypal themselves and authorizing it. (make sure paypal sends it as a gift).What this does is they basically confirm who they are by calling paypal from the number that is on their paypal.

2.) Take screenshots of your conversation with the buyer.

3.) Have him email you on the email they're paypal is made from, basically a disclaimer stating that they're sending you money and that they're in full control of the paypal.

4.) have them show you a screenshot of they're id or state license showing they're full name and address and make sure it matches their paypal information

Even with all of these steps you still can't secure it 100% but it helps alot.

Goodluck

Thanks,

but,how do i know the money is sent as a gift?

Originally Posted by TitanN

Thanks,

but,how do i know the money is sent as a gift?

.. You ask them specifically to send it as a gift. Then you can double check it on your own.

The solution is quite simple, stop using Paypal. Use MoneyBookers, Amazon Giftcards, Western Union, Postage, etc instead.

i'm trying to sell my accs too and i would like to use paypal too but it's my first time using paypal for trading and i'm afraid i will get scammed :/ so the best solution i think it's how the person above me said .

edit : however let's say they are buying the acc through ebay isn't that secured?

I already explained it to you aswell.

Greetz,

Rob

Originally Posted by QuitMS

I already explained it to you aswell.

Greetz,

Rob

can you explain to me too ? :D

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.