3 Types of Social Engineering Attacks

Discussion in 'Marketing Other Services For Sale - Buy & Sell' started by nady90, 6/30/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nady90

nady90
    Expand Collapse
    High Risk Status: This user has been flagged as high risk due to one or more reasons

0   0   0

Social engineering is my passion. The term social engineering is actually bigger than you might think. I see a lot of amateurs on this site who think that social engineering is just something that you do to big corporation to get free stuff. This is completely not true. Social engineering is a group of techniques and strategies which goal is to manipulate individuals or groups. For example: Pickup artists are considered to be social engineers. They use well researched strategies to manipulate women into viewing them as high value alpha men.

Another example is how salespeople use NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) to get clients to like them. I will explain NLP in the next post.

In this post I will show you some of the most widely used social engineering techniques. You can use these techniques to do whatever you want. I personally love using them to make money ;)

I will keep it as short as possible because I know how short your attention span is :P

1. The Piggyback attack:

This attack will require you to leave your room and actually hit the streets. I usually use this when I am travelling and staying in a hostel. When I want to build my social circle in a new city.

The way to do it is to scout the smoking or other outdoor social locations and then join a group, maybe then you can ask people about their lives in a way like Dr. Phil in the next attack type and striking up a casual conversation.

At this point, when the group goes in the bar or hostel or whatever, you follow them. As you walk around with them, find a girl or a guy to focus on instead of asking each one of the group two questions or whatever.

I saw an example of this from a PUA (it can work in other situations too, as I said) called Ozzie from RSD. He joins a group in a nightclub with a big smile on his face and he talks to one person. No matter what this person says to him (even if he told him to love you off) he still keeps the smile on his face and pretends like he is having a lot of fun. You might think that the rest of the group will push him out, but that doesn't happen since they usually focus only on the new guy in the group (Ozzie) and they see him smiling and having fun so they think that he's cool. Also, he's in a ******* night club and they can't heat their friend being rude with him. Then he usually moves on to the other individuals in the group until he reaches his target (the girl.)

2. Sound nice and interested:

Here is an example, I was watching a dr phil soundboard prank call. Here is the link:

He started the conversation with a charming voice and asked a very personal question in a very nice way. You could tell that she was flustered and she gave him a lot of personal information about her kids and her definition of happiness. Of course later in the conversation she got bored and realized that he is ******* around and had to hang up :D But still, it is a great example , If a soundboard can get an amazon employee to stop acting professional for a couple of minutes, you can too :D Imagine if after he made her feel so good, he asked her for a refund or replacement instead of how most guys do it which is call the rep and straight out ask for a refund. No wonder amazon got closed (for most people) so early.

3. The disability and SYMPATHY attack:

Here is a story: About 3 years ago I used to go on Starbucks website and tell them that my experience was horrible in one of their shops. I used to do it every day and I usually got an email from them the next day saying that they are sorry and that they will send me a free 15 dollar gift card as an apology anyway, I posted about it in a different SE website and about 200 people saw the post and they all raped them in a matter of 3 days. then I tried to get my daily dose of Starbucks gift cards but I got a different email this time saying that they need my phone number to give me a call. I could've easily given them one and waited until they called me, but I didn't feel like it. So, I wrote them back saying that I have a hearing disability and a big company like Starbucks should be able to communicate through email and not ask their customers embarrassing questions. I went on about how I get asked this question every time I try to order a hotel room and it made me feel like love you. 5 hours later a rep called me and sincerely apologized and sent me a gift card /gassum
    After about a month of this, they finally set up a phone number for people with disabilities /ahah, then I had to find another way to SE them, which I will write about in the next post if this gets enough likes

There are many more methods that you can use. I will write about them in the future if this post is popular.

If you liked the article don't be a leech and press THANKS and REP.

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.